In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Corn, Snow Peas, Mushrooms and Tomatoes are nice and prices are easing.
- Most vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also in season.
- Australian Navels Oranges have started and are excellent.
- New season Ruby Grapefruit are now available and are very good.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing. Tangelos have also started.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Bananas are good but prices are up.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- There are some nice early season Strawberries and. Blueberries available.
- Red Grapes are still nice but Green Grapes have finished.
- Pineapples are excellent and Papaya is still nice.
- All melons are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.