In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Snow Peas are unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Tomatoes and Beans are nice but expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are generally easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Qld Pumpkin
- Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears have started and are very good. Nashi Pears are also in season.
- Australian Navels Oranges have started and are excellent.
- New season Ruby Grapefruit are now available and are very good.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Bananas are good but prices are up.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out-of-season and unavailable.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still nice.
- Pineapples are excellent and Papaya is still nice.
- All melons are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.