In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Hass Avocadoes are starting and will replace Shepard.
- Chinese Cabbage, Rocket Bunches and English Spinach are unavailable due to weather spoilage. Cos and Baby Cos lettuces are available again.
- Tomatoes are scarce and very expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good but generally more expensive due to short supply.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears have started and are very good. Nashi Pears are also in season.
- We have finished up Australian Valencia Oranges due to supply issues and will have USA Navels available instead. Australian Navels will start soon.
- New season Yellow Grapefruit are available and are very good. Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable.
- Imperial Mandarins are now in full swing.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Bananas are good and quite cheap.
- Australian Kiwifruit are in season. The fruit is typically firm and tangy.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out-of-season and only fair.
- Grapes are nice and prices are reasonable.
- Plums have finished.
- Pineapples are excellent and Papaya is still nice.
- All melons are good. Rockmelons are smaller at the moment.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.