In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Brussels Sprouts have started at last.
- Shepard Avocadoes are in season. They have a smooth glossy skin that stays green as the fruit ripens.
- Tomatoes are expensive due to short supply.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is very good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Qld and Jap Pumpkin
- Brussels Sprouts
- Snow Peas
- Green Capsicum
- Salad Mix
- New season Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Pink Lady Apples have finished until the new season fruit starts. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams Pears have started and are nice. Williams pears turn gold and soften as they ripen. Nashi Pears have also started.
- We have finished up Australian Valencia Oranges due to supply issues and will have USA Navels available instead.
- New season Yellow Grapefruit are available and are very good. Ruby Grapefruit are expected soon.
- Lemons are more abundant and cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Bananas are good and quite cheap.
- Figs are in season and nice. Figs have a short shelf life and must be refrigerated and consumed within a few days.
- Italian Kiwifruit are in season. The Italian fruit is generally quite tangy.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out-of-season and only fair.
- Grapes are nice and prices have started to ease.
- Plums are still available and nice. Peaches are Nectarines have reached the end of their season.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Rockmelon and Honeydew melons are very nice. Honeydew are the best value this week.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which rated very well at last year’s Easter show and will be entered again this year.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.