In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- All Potato lines are in short supply and very expensive.
- English Spinach and Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is very good however supply is light and prices are generally up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Snow Peas
- Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Fuji Apples have finished until the new season fruit commences. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are available this week and still good.
- Australian Valencia Oranges are in season and very good.
- Lemons are scarce and expensive. Limes are more abundant and better value.
- Bananas are good and quite cheap.
- NZ Kiwifruit have finished and Italian Kiwifruit are now available. The Italian fruit is quite tangy.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but prices are firm.
- Grapes are nice and starting to get cheaper.
- Mangoes are nice but prices are firm for the best fruit. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the season.
- Peaches and Nectarines are very good and starting to get cheaper. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines available throughout the season.
- We will have Apricots, Lychees and Cherries up until Christmas. The season has not been kind to these lines and the better fruit is very expensive.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are nice. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Watermelon is very expensive after hail wiped out a significant crop.
- Passionfruit is available again and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which rated very well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.