In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chats (small white) potatoes are available again. All Potato lines are in short supply and very expensive.
- Australian Asparagus is in season and is nice.
- English Spinach is unavailable due to quality issues.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is very good however supply is light and prices are generally up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Regular & Cherry Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro & Cos Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are still available and very good. Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears have finished for this season.
- Valencia Oranges have started and are very good. Lemons and Limes are good. Limes are better value. Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Mandarins and Tangelos have finished.
- Bananas are good and still reasonably priced.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are very good.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice but prices are firm.
- Australian grapes have started but the early season fruit is expensive. USA grapes are no longer available.
- Mangoes are nice and cheaper this week. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the season.
- Peaches and Nectarines have started. The early season fruit is nice and starting to get cheaper. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines available throughout the season.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are all very good. Rockmelons and Honeydew are larger than our preferred size hence more expensive.
- Passionfruit is available again and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which rated very well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.