In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes are in short supply due to unseasonal heavy rain.
- Cucumbers and Celery are more abundant and a bit cheaper this week.
- All Tomato lines are scarce and prices are up.
- Beans (Hand Picked) are back to a normal price.
- Australian Asparagus has started and is nice.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Red (Ruby Lou) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious, Jazz and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Pears are also very good with Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears available.
- Navel Oranges and Tangelos at their best. Blood Oranges have started and are excellent. Imperial Mandarins have finished. Afourer Mandarins have started and are excellent. Lemons and Limes are also good.
- Bananas are very good but prices have tightened.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are at their peak and very good.
- Blueberries have started and the early season fruit is good. Strawberries are nice with Queensland fruit in season.
- USA Grapes have started and we will have some Red Seedless grapes which appear to be the best.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are all very good.
- Passionfruit are nice and relatively cheap.
- Free Range Eggs prices are up due to short supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.