In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Wild Rocket is unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Corn is available again but expensive.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good. Prices have started to ease with stable weather now prevailing in the growing areas.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Chats (small white) and Red (Ruby Lou) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious, Jazz and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Pears are also very good with Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears available.
- Navel Oranges and Tangelos at their best. Blood Oranges have started and are excellent. Imperial Mandarins are still nice but nearing the end of their season. Afourer Mandarins will start soon. Lemons and Limes are also good but prices have kicked.
- Bananas are abundant and nice.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are at their peak and very good.
- Blueberries have started again and the early season fruit is good. Strawberries are nice with some early Queensland fruit available.
- We have finished up all Australian Grapes due to quality issues. USA Grapes will start soon.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are also very good. Rockmelons and Honeydew are larger fruit at the moment.
- Passionfruit are nice and relatively cheap.
- Free Range Eggs prices are up due to short supply.
- We are trialing a small supply of local Hornsby Heights Honey which rated very well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.