In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Brushed (still dirty) and Red Potatoes are scarce. White Washed or Chats are a better option.
- The quality of most vegetable and salad lines is very good but supply is light and prices are up due to the widespread winter weather.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- We have added Jazz Apples to our list. They are slightly larger than our regular apple size. Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples also available. All varieties are excellent. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Pears are also very good with Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears available.
- The citrus season is in full swing with Navel Oranges, Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos at their best. Lemons and Limes are also good but prices have kicked.
- Bananas are abundant and nice.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold have started and are very good.
- Quinces are having a good season.
- Blueberries are out of season so we have stopped them for now. Strawberries are nice with some early Queensland fruit now available.
- Australian Green Grapes have finished. Crimson Seedless Grapes are still available and nice.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent at the moment.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are also very good.
- Passionfruit are nice and relatively cheap.
- Free Range Eggs prices are up due to short supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening