In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Red Potatoes, Corn and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- The citrus season is in full swing with Navel Oranges, Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos at their best. Lemons and Limes are also good.
- Apples are also at their best with Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples all now available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Pears are also in season with Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears all very good.
- Bananas are abundant and nice.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold have started and are very good.
- Persimmons and Quinces are in season.
- Blueberries are out of season so we have stopped them for now. Strawberries are nice with some early Queensland fruit now available.
- Australian Grapes are still available and nice.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent at the moment.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are still very good although prices are firm due to lighter supply.
- Passionfruit are nice but pricey.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.