In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- New season Shepard Avocadoes are nice and prices are easing.
- Corn, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Iceberg Lettuce, Lebanese Cucumbers, Snow Peas and Beans are all more expensive due to light supply.
- Baby Spinach is unavailable due to poor quality.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuce, Wild Rocket and Salad Mix
- Australian Valencia Oranges are still good. Valencia’s normally have a green tinge and are orange and juicy inside. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons and Limes are good and a similar price.
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples have started. New season Pink Lady Apples are close to starting. Sundowner apples have finished until later in the year. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are nice and good value.
- Williams Pears have finished and new season Packham Pears have started.
- Plums are still available and nice. Peaches are Nectarines have reached the end of their season.
- Italian Kiwifruit are still available. The Australian Kiwifruit season is imminent.
- Blueberries are past their peak. Strawberries have improved but prices have kicked due to light supply.
- Australian Grapes are still available and nice.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons, Honeydew Melons, Pineapple and Red Papaya are all nice. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Passionfruit are available and relatively cheap.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.