In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- English Spinach and Rocket bunches are unavailable due to poor quality.
- Asian and Green Leafy vegetables are expensive due to short supply.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Sweet Potato
- Snow Peas
- Green Capsicum
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Australian Valencia Oranges are still good. Valencia’s normally have a green tinge and are orange & juicy inside. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce and expensive. Limes are more abundant and better value.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are nice. Sundowner, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are also available. Pink Lady’s have finished until the new season fruit starts. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and relatively cheap.
- New season Williams Pears have started and are very good. Packham Pears have finished for now.
- Plums are nice and quite cheap. Peaches are Nectarines are at the end of their season and will finish soon.
- NZ Kiwifruit have finished and Italian Kiwifruit are now available. The Italian fruit are quite tangy.
- Blueberries are at the end of their season and less abundant. Strawberries are scarce, expensive and just average quality.
- Australian Grapes are in full swing and excellent.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are very good and reasonably priced.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are also good and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are scarce and expensive.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.