In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflowers are struggling with the heat and expensive.
- Snow Peas are scarce. Sugar Snaps are more abundant and better value.
- Avocadoes are very scarce, small and expensive.
- Dill, English Spinach and Rocket bunches are unavailable due to poor quality.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular and Cherry Tomatoes
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Australian Valencia Oranges have started and are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce and expensive. Limes are more abundant and better value.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Sundowner, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and relatively cheap.
- Packham Pears are still available and the best pears. New season Williams Pears will start soon.
- Mangoes are past their peak and supply is light. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the season.
- Peaches, Nectarines and Plums are in full swing and very nice. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines available throughout the season. Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- NZ Kiwifruit have finished and Italian Kiwifruit are now available. The Italian fruit are quite tangy.
- Blueberries are in season and nice. Strawberries are scarce, expensive and just average quality.
- Australian Grapes are in full swing and excellent.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are very good and reasonably priced.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are also good and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available and relatively cheap.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.