In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Butternut Pumpkin and Mushrooms are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Snow Peas
- Green & Red Capsicum
- Baby Bok Choy
- English Spinach
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and at their best. Blood Oranges are also nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both a bit scarce. Lemons are the best value.
- Afourer Mandarins have started and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Tangelos are also very nice. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Mangoes are beginning to appear in the Market and we’ll start them soon.
- NZ green Kiwifruit are excellent. NZ Kiwi Gold are also available and good.
- Queensland Strawberries are excellent. Blueberries are also available and nice.
- Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes will start soon.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Rockmelon and Honeydew are good. Honeydew are the best value.
- Red Papaya is unavailable at the moment.
- Watermelon is nice and reasonably priced. We have added small whole Seedless Watermelon to our list.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.