In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- The quality of most vegetable and salad lines is good although prices are firm with the winter weather slowing growth.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green & Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and at their best. Blood Oranges have also started and are nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both readily available. Lemons are the best value.
- Imperial Mandarins are very good, abundant and cheap. Tangelos have also started.
- Bananas are good and cheap.
- NZ green Kiwifruit are excellent. NZ Kiwi Gold are also available and good.
- Queensland Strawberries are excellent. Blueberries are also available and nice.
- Quinces are good but nearing the end of their season.
- Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes will start soon.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Rockmelon and Honeydew are good but there is only big fruit available.
- Red Papaya is also good.
- Watermelon is still good and reasonably priced. We have added small whole Seedless Watermelon to our list.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.