In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cucumbers and Button Mushrooms are in short supply and expensive.
- Snow Peas are expensive. Sugar Snaps are better value.
- Hydro Lettuces are available again. The quality is good but they are still a bit small.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Buerre Bosc Pears are in season and very good. Nashi Pears are also now available.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both readily available.
- Imperial Mandarins are very good, abundant and cheap.
- Bananas are good but prices are firm.
- Australian Kiwifruit are in season and nice. NZ Kiwi Gold are also available.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are available again and ok. The good Queensland Strawberries will be available soon.
- Quinces are good but nearing the end of their season.
- Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good. Australian Green seedless grapes have finished.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Rockmelon, Honeydew and Red Papaya are also good.
- Watermelon is still good and reasonably priced. We have added small whole Seedless Watermelon to our list.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.