In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Button Mushrooms are in short supply and expensive.
- There are some nice Cauliflowers available again but they remain expensive.
- Brussels Sprouts have started and are good value.
- Some of the locally grown leafy produce (Asian Vegies, Hydro Lettuces, Rocket Bunches, English Spinach and some Herbs) will be rain affected and not recommended this week.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines (grown interstate) is good and prices are reasonable,
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Buerre Bosc Pears have started and are very good. Nashi Pears are also now available.
- We are using USA Navel Oranges as our No.1 Oranges but have sourced some good Australian Valencia 2nds supplied loose and in 3kg bags as a cheaper alternative. Australian Navel Oranges will start soon.
- Lemons and Limes are both readily available and reasonably priced.
- Imperial Mandarins are coming into full swing and are sweeter and cheaper this week.
- Bananas are good but prices remain firm.
- All stone fruit has finished for this season.
- Australian Kiwifruit are in season and nice.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but expensive.
- Quinces are now available.
- Australian Green seedless grapes have finished. Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good.
- Pineapples and Rockmelons are nice and good value at the moment. Red Papaya is also good. We have stopped Honeydew due to quality and supply issues.
- Watermelon is nice and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.