In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Asparagus is finishing and a bit expensive.
- Regular and Roma Tomatoes are scarce and more expensive this week.
- Zucchinis and Snow Peas are plentiful and cheap.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Snow Peas
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. Gala Apples are finishing up. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- We have sourced a few more Packham Pears as a carry over. New season Williams Pears normally commence in late January.
- Australian Navel Oranges have finished. Summer Valencia oranges have started and are good.
- Limes are scarce and prices have firmed up again. Lemons are expensive and currently imported from USA.
- Bananas are plentiful and cheap.
- Queensland Mangoes are underway and nice. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the Mango season.
- Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots, Plums and Cherries are in season with some nice fruit available. We will have discounted trays of Yellow Peaches and Nectarines and boxes of Cherries available throughout the season.
- Lychees have also started and are nice.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are still available and will continue until Christmas.
- Strawberries are nice with the Victorian season underway. Blueberries are also nice but prices are firming.
- Australian Green Seedless Grapes have started and are very good.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons, Watermelon and Honey Dew Melons are all in season and nice.
- There are some nice Passionfruit are available this week.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.