In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice
- Cauliflower, Broccoli, Beans and Broccolini are scarce and expensive
- Zucchinis and Lebanese Cucumbers are abundant and cheap
- Leeks are out of season and expensive
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Snow Peas
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- All Pears have finished for this season. New season Pears normally commence in late January.
- Australian Navel Oranges are finishing and expensive. Valencia oranges will start soon.
- Limes are scarce and prices have firmed up again. Lemons are expensive and currently imported from USA.
- Bananas are good and cheaper again.
- Northern Territory Mangoes are very good but coming to an end. Queensland Mangoes will commence in the next week or two. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the Mango season.
- Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots and Cherries are in season with some nice fruit available. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines and boxes of Cherries available throughout the season.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are finishing up. European Kiwi Fruit will replace NZ Kiwi Fruit soon.
- Strawberries are nice with the Victorian season underway. Blueberries are also nice and a bit cheaper at the moment.
- We will have Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. New season Australian Seedless Grapes will start in a week or two.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are all good. Rockmelons are the best value. The Pineapples are exceptional.
- Watermelon is nice but more expensive this week.
- Passionfruit are unavailable due to supply issues.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.