In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Red Capsicum, Cucumbers and Celery are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower are more abundant and cheaper this week.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are steady.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Snow Peas
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Tangelos are in season and at their best. We will also have Blood Oranges available this week.
- Afourer Mandarins have started and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are starting to get cheaper again.
- Bananas are very good but prices are up slightly.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent. We will also have Kiwi Gold from this week.
- Queensland Strawberries are in season and good value. Blueberries are also quite good.
- We will have only Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. All Australian Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Quinces have finished for this season.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Watermelon, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons and all good and prices are reasonable.
- Passionfruit are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.