In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Washed (Red & White) Potatoes have started to get cheaper again.
- Brussels Sprouts are in season and are good value.
- Cucumbers, Zucchinis, Beans, Snow Peas and Sugar Snaps are feeling the cold and more expensive at the moment.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Cauliflower & Cabbage
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Cherry & regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- All Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Tangelos are in season and at their best.
- Imperial Mandarins have slowed and prices are up. Afourer Mandarins will start soon.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons have started to get cheaper again.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent.
- Queensland Strawberries have started and are very good. Blueberries are ok but expensive.
- Australian Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good. Green Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Quinces are in season and nice.
- Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are good. Rockmelon is the best value.
- Watermelon is also good at the moment.
- Topless Pineapples are plentiful and reasonably priced.
- Red Papaya is still very good.
- Passionfruit are good but more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.