In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Washed (Red & White) Potatoes are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Brussels Sprouts are in season and are good value.
- Sugar Snaps are unavailable due to quality and supply issues.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are generally easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Cauliflower & Cabbage
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Cherry & regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears are also available. Williams Pears have finished for this season.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are pretty good.
- Australian Mandarins and Tangelos are in season and are very good.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons have started to get cheaper again.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Australian Green Kiwi Fruit have started and are good.
- Queensland Strawberries have started to appear in the market and are excellent. Prices should start to fall as the volume of fruit increases. Blueberries are ok but expensive.
- Australian Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good. Green Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are nice and reasonably priced.
- Watermelon is expensive and past it’s best.
- Topless Pineapples are plentiful and good value this week.
- Red Papaya is still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are good but more expensive this week.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.