In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Hass Avocadoes have started again. Their skin will turn black as they ripen.
- Washed (Red & White) Potatoes are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Brussels Sprouts have started and are good value.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears are also available. Williams Pears have finished for this season.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are pretty good. USA Navels are no longer available.
- Australian Mandarins are in season and are very good.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are expensive.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Australian Green Kiwi Fruit have started and are good.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but expensive.
- All stone fruit has now finished for this season.
- Our Green Seedless Grapes have finished. Australian Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew Melons are nice but becoming expensive.
- Watermelon is becoming inconsistent and more expensive as its peak season comes to an end.
- We will have some nice topless pineapples this week.
- Red Papaya is still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.