In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Shepard Avocadoes are now in season. The skin will stay green but the fruit softens as it ripens. Hass Avocadoes are unavailable for now.
- New season Fennel has started and is nice.
- Washed (Red & White) Potatoes and Tomatoes are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good & prices are steady or easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green & Red Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Hydro Lettuces & Salad Mixes
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available and are the best apples. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams and Beurre Bosc Pears are also now available.
- Australian Valencia Oranges are nearing the end of their season. Australian Navel Oranges normally start again in May.
- Lemons are a bit cheaper with good Australian Lemons available. Limes are readily available and quite cheap.
- Bananas are very good and reasonably priced.
- Green Kiwi Fruit are now sourced from Italy and are very good.
- There are some better quality Strawberries available again. Blueberries are still good but becoming expensive.
- Plums are still good with some nice late season fruit available. Peaches and Nectarines have finished for this season.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good. We will have both red and green seedless varieties available.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew Melons are good. Rockmelon are the best value.
- Watermelon is nice and reasonably priced.
- The supply of Pineapples is erratic for both hybrid (topless) and regular pines. We will have a few regular pineapples this week.
- Red Papaya is nice and good value.
- Passionfruit are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon.