The best value vegies are:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Regular & Cherry Tomatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Hydro Lettuces
Australian Shepard Avocadoes are in season and Avocado prices have started to ease.
Washed Potatoes, Cauliflower and Snow Peas are scarce and prices are up.
Chinese Cabbage is unavailable due to poor quality.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are the best apples. Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are still readily available. Pink Lady, Fuji and Sundowner Apples have finished until the new season fruit is ready. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams Pears have started and are nice.
- Australian Valencia Oranges are now in season. Australian Navel Oranges have finished.
- Lemons are a bit cheaper with Australian Lemons starting to appear in the Market again. Limes are slowing up and becoming more expensive.
- Bananas are very good although more expensive due to the recent cyclone in northern Queensland.
- Green Kiwi Fruit are now sourced from Italy and are very good.
- Strawberries are unavailable due to quality issues. Blueberries are a better option.
- Kensington Pride Mangoes have finished for this season.
- Figs have started and are very nice.
- Peaches, Nectarines and Plums are good with some nice late season fruit available. We will have discounted Trays of Yellow Peaches and Nectarines available this week. White Peaches are finished.
- Australian Apricots and Cherries have finished for this season.
- Lychees are also finishing up.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good. We will have both red and green seedless varieties available.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew Melons are good. Rockmelon are the best value.
- Watermelon is nice and reasonably priced.
- The supply of Pineapples is erratic for both hybrid (topless) and regular pines. We will have a few regular pineapples this week.
- Red Papaya is nice and good value.
- Passionfruit are good and a bit cheaper at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.