The best value vegies are:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (still dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Regular and Cherry Tomatoes
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
Australian Asparagus has started and is very nice.
Brussels Sprouts have finished for this season.
- Pink Lady, Fuji, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Gala Apples will finish up soon. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears and Beurre Bosc are available & good. Nashi Pears have finished for this season.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and really nice. Blood Oranges are also very good.
- Afourer Mandarins are in season and are excellent. They are easy to peel, just slightly tangy, very juicy and have not many seeds. Tangelos are also available again. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Lemons are good and reasonably priced. Limes are scarce and expensive.
- Mangoes have appeared in the Market but we’ll wait until the quality and price improves before starting them.
- Bananas are very good and cheap at the moment.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and are very nice.
- Strawberries are in season & excellent. Australian Blueberries are also available again.
- Quinces have finished for this season.
- We will have some nice Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. Australian Grapes usually start in late November or early December.
- Seedless Watermelon and Rockmelon are nice and cheaper this week. Honey Dew Melons are still scarce & expensive.
- Topless Pineapples are available & very good.
- Red Papaya is nice and good value.
- Passionfruit are less abundant & more expensive.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon.