The best value vegies are:
- QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Sugar Snaps
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Hydro Lettuces
Capsicum prices have eased while Tomatoes, Broccoli, Snow Peas, Iceberg and Cos Lettuce are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
Australian Shepard Avocadoes are in season. The skin will stay green but the fruit softens as it ripens. Hass Avocadoes are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala, Bonza and Red Delicious Apples have started and are the best apples. Stored Granny Smith Apples are still available. All other varieties of apples have finished until the new season fruit is ready. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams & Beurre Bosc Pears are available and very good. Nashi Pears have also started.
- Australian Valencia Oranges are still available but becoming expensive. Australian Navel Oranges are out of season.
- Lemons are a bit cheaper with good Australian fruit available again. Limes are readily available and quite cheap.
- Bananas are very good and prices have started ease.
- Green Kiwi Fruit (from Italy) are very good.
- Strawberries are unavailable due to quality issues. Blueberries are good but becoming expensive.
- We have finished up all stone fruit with the recent heavy rains affecting the quality of any remaining late season fruit.
- Figs are in season with some nice fruit still available. Figs have a very short shelf life and are best stored covered in the fridge and used within 2-3 days from delivery.
- Persimmons have started with some nice fruit available.
- Australian Grapes are in season and still very good.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew Melons are both very good. Rockmelon are the best value.
- Seedless Watermelon is becoming expensive. Regular Watermelon is nice and much better value.
- Topless Pineapples are unavailable but regular Pineapples are available and good.
- Red Papaya is available and good. Yellow Papaw is unavailable due to quality issues.
- Passionfruit are good and relatively cheap.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon.