The best value vegies are:
- Sweet Potato
- Button Mushrooms
- Cabbage & Cauliflower
- Spinach (Silverbeet & English)
- Asian Vegetables
- All lettuce varieties
Sugar Snaps are unavailable at the moment.
Australian Asparagus is in season and very nice. Broad Beans are also in season and very good.
Regular Tomatoes and Red and Green Capsicum are back to near normal prices.
All Potatoes are scarce & more expensive at the moment.
In Fruit, a few of the winter lines are finishing up as we transition into the summer season:
- Pink Lady, Fuji, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are still readily available. Gala Apples are scarce and more expensive. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears are still very good but nearing the end of their season. Nashi Pears have finished for this season.
- Australian Navel Oranges are still very good. Blood Oranges have finished for this season.
- Lemons are good and reasonably priced. Limes are becoming scarce and more expensive.
- Mandarins and Tangelos have finished for this season.
- Bananas are very good and reasonably priced.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and good value. Gold Kiwi Fruit have finished for this season.
- Strawberries prices are up with QLD finishing. WA or Victorian strawberries are now the best fruit. Blueberries are good and a bit cheaper at the moment.
- Mangoes are good and becoming sweeter as the season begins to warm up.
- We will have some nice early season Peaches and Nectarines commencing this week. We may have some Apricots from next week.
- The Red Seedless Grapes from USA are good and reasonably priced. Australian Grapes normally start in late November or early December.
- Passionfruit are unavailable but should start up again in a few weeks.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew are both good. Rockmelon is the best value.
- Seedless Watermelon is very good and continues to get cheaper.
- Good quality Topless Pineapples are available this week.
- Red Papaya and Yellow Papaw are both available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon.