The best value vegies are:
- Brushed Potatoes (still dirty) or Chats (small white)
- Sweet Potato
- Button Mushrooms
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sugar Snaps
- Spinach (Silverbeet & English)
- Asian Vegetables
- Red Capsicum
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
Pumpkin, Beans, Snow Peas and Zucchinis are expensive due to short supply.
Wild Rocket and Baby Spinach are available again.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good at the moment. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and really nice. Lemons and Limes are also good.
- Imperial Mandarins are just about finished for this season. Afourer Mandarins are now in season (juicy and tangy and not many seeds). Tangelos are also available and very good.
- Bananas are very good, but becoming expensive.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and good value. Gold Kiwi Fruit are also available.
- Qld Strawberries have started. They are very nice but still a bit expensive. Blueberries are also good but expensive. Raspberries are unavailable.
- Australian Grapes have now finished until next summer. There should be some imported grapes available soon.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew are both available. Quality is reasonable but they are expensive.
- Seedless Watermelon is available and very good.
- Pineapples are scarce and more expensive.
- Red Papaya is available and quite good.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon.