Most of our regular vegetable lines are available and good with the following of note:
- Hass Avocadoes are starting again so we will use them if available.
- Brussels sprouts are available and good value.
- Most vegetable and herb lines are back to normal prices.
The best value vegies are:
- Brushed Potatoes (still dirty) or Chats (small white)
- All Pumpkin
- Broccoli, Beans and Zucchini
- Brussels Sprouts
- Baby Bok Choy
- Green Capsicum
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- All apples are now new season fruit with Pink Lady, Gala,Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith available this week. Keep apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears are available and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are really nice. We will also continue with Valencia Oranges for now as they are cheaper and better for juicing. Lemons and Limes are also good.
- Mandarins are excellent and cheaper this week.
- Bananas are very good but prices are up a bit.
- Australian Kiwi Fruit are in season and very good.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out of season and prices are up. Raspberries are unavailable at the moment.
- Good quality Grapes (Red and Green Seedless) are still available.
- Figs are nearing the end of their season and more expensive this week.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Rockmelon are scarce and quite expensive. Honey Dew is unavailable at the moment.
- Seedless Watermelon is also scarce and very expensive. We’ve included Long Watermelons (they have seeds) this week as an alternative.
- Topless Pineapples are available and very good.
- Red Papaya is available again and quite good.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon.