In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Corn is more readily available and back to a normal price.
- Telegraph Cucumbers are unavailable due to quality concerns. Lebanese Cucumbers are nice but pricey.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes and Chats
- Snow Peas
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons and Honeydew are good and prices are reasonable. Watermelons are struggling with the cold so we have stopped them for now.
- We have switched to Topless Pineapples which are in season and very nice. Papaya is also nice.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and excellent.
- Ruby Grapefruit are in season and very good
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are cheaper.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all in season. Jazz Apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season and nice.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and excellent. Tangelos have also started.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- New season QLD Strawberries have started and are nice. Blueberries are also available but expensive.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- We have finished up Quinces for this season.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.