In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are more abundant and prices have started to ease.
- Asparagus is now imported with the Australian season finishing.
- Avocadoes are very scarce and expensive.
- Snow Peas and Sugar Snap are scarce. Beans are more abundant and better value.
- Rocket Bunches, English Spinach and Baby Spinach are all unavailable due to heat damage / poor quality.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) or Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Qld Pumpkin
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. New season Gala Apples will start soon. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Clapp Pears are starting. Packham Pears have finished.
- Oranges are scarce, but we will still have nice Australian Valencia and USA Navel oranges available.
- Lemons are also scarce and expensive. Limes are more abundant and better value.
- Bananas are good and quite cheap.
- Italian Kiwifruit are in season. The Italian fruit is generally quite tangy.
- Strawberries are not at their best due to the heat but Blueberries are good.
- Grapes are nice but supply is still quite light.
- Mangoes have finished for this season.
- Peaches, Nectarines and Plums are at their best. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines available throughout the season.
- Cherries are still available and quite good.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Rockmelon and Honeydew melons are also very nice and Watermelons are good and back to a reasonable price.
- Passionfruit are in season and relatively cheap.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which rated very well at last year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Friday afternoon or evening this week.