In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Hass Avocadoes have started again. Their skin will turn black as they ripen.
- New season Fennel has started and is nice.
- Washed (Red & White) Potatoes are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- JAP and QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams and Beurre Bosc Pears are also available.
- Australian Valencia Oranges have finished. We will use USA Navels until the Australian Navel Oranges start which is normally in May.
- Australian Mandarins have started with some good quality fruit now available.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are typically expensive for Easter
- Bananas are good but prices are up slightly this week.
- Australian Green Kiwi Fruit have started and are good.
- There are some better quality Strawberries available again. Blueberries are still good but becoming expensive.
- All stone fruit has now finished for this season.
- Australian Grapes are still very good. We will have both red and green seedless varieties available.
- Rockmelon and Honey Dew Melons are good and priced the same this week.
- Watermelon is becoming inconsistent and more expensive as its peak season comes to an end.
- We will have some nice regular pineapples this week.
- Red Papaya is still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.