In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflowers are still expensive but improving.
- Snow Peas are scarce. Sugar Snaps are more abundant and better value.
- Avocadoes are very scarce, small and expensive.
- Dill, English Spinach and Rocket bunches are unavailable due to poor quality.
- Asian vegetables are less abundant due to storm damage.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Sweet Potato
- Red Capsicum
- Regular and Cherry Tomatoes
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Australian Valencia Oranges have started and are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce and expensive. Limes are more abundant and better value.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are nice. Pink Lady, Sundowner, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and relatively cheap.
- New season Williams Pears have started and are very good. Packham Pears have finished for now.
- KP Mangoes have finished. We will switch to Honey Gold Mangoes for the remainder of the season.
- Peaches, Nectarines and Plums are in full swing and very nice. We will have discounted trays of Peaches and Nectarines available throughout the season. Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- NZ Kiwifruit have finished and Italian Kiwifruit are now available. The Italian fruit are quite tangy.
- Blueberries are in season and nice. Strawberries are scarce, expensive and just average quality.
- Australian Grapes are in full swing and excellent.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are very good and reasonably priced.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are also good and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available and relatively cheap.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.