In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- New season Potatoes have started and potato prices are easing
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice
- Zucchinis and Cucumbers are abundant and cheap
- Leeks are in off-peak season and expensive
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Snow Peas
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are still available but will finish soon. Beurre Bosc Pears have finished for this season.
- Australian Navel Oranges are still very good. We have finished Blood Oranges for this season.
- Limes and Lemons are scarce and prices have firmed up again.
- Bananas are good but in short supply due to the lack of rain in Nth QLD.
- Mangoes are more abundant and cheaper this week. The fruit is much nicer now that the weather is warming up.
- Peaches & Nectarines are underway. The fruit has good flavour but is typically smaller as the season kicks off. We will also have some nice Apricots available this week.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent.
- Strawberries are nice with the Victorian season underway. Blueberries are also nice and a bit cheaper at the moment.
- We will have Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. Australian Seedless Grapes will start again soon.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are all good. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Watermelon is nice but more expensive this week.
- Passionfruit are unavailable due to supply issues.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.