In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Brussels Sprouts are in season and are good value.
- Cauliflower, Zucchinis & Beans are still in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Corn is available again and quite good.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good. Generally, prices are starting to ease with more produce available due to a bout of warmer weather in the growing areas.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- Jap & QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red & Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Tangelos are in season and at their best.
- Imperial Mandarins are still nice and good value this week. Afourer Mandarins will start soon.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons have slowed and are more expensive this week.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent.
- Queensland Strawberries have started and are very good. Blueberries are quite good.
- We will have some green Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. All Australian Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Quinces are in season and nice.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Watermelon, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are all good but prices are up.
- Passionfruit are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.