In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Beans and Brussels Sprouts are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Corn is available again and quite good.
- Cauliflower is more abundant and cheaper this week.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good. Generally, prices are holding firm with the cold & rain slowing production.
The best value vegetable and salad items:
- QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Eggplant and Baby Eggplant
- Red & Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Snow Peas
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Tangelos are in season and at their best. We will also have Blood Oranges available this week.
- Afourer Mandarins have started and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are starting to get cheaper again.
- Bananas are very good but prices are up slightly.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent. We will also have Kiwi Gold from this week.
- Queensland Strawberries are in season and are very good. Blueberries are also quite good.
- We will have only Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. All Australian Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Quinces have finished for this season.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Watermelon, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons and all good and prices are reasonable.
- Passionfruit are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.