In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- All Pumpkin varieties are scarce. Sweet Potato is better value.
- Corn is still expensive but Zucchinis are back to a normal price.
- Brussels Sprouts are past their best so we have finished them for this season.
- Asparagus is coming into season and nice.
- Sugar Snaps are scarce. Snow Peas are better value.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Beans and Snow Peas
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- English and Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are still very good. Blood Oranges are also nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both a bit scarce. Lemons are the best value.
- Afourer Mandarins are still available and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Tangelos are also very nice. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Bananas are abundant and cheap.
- Mangoes are nice and starting to get cheaper. The early season fruit is typically tangy.
- NZ green Kiwifruit are excellent. NZ Kiwi Gold are also available and good.
- Queensland Strawberries are finishing. The fruit is still nice but will not hold as well. Victorian Strawberries will start soon. Blueberries are also available and nice.
- USA Grapes are now available. We will have Green and Red Seedless varieties available which are the best quality fruit. Australian Grapes typically start again in December.
- Pineapples are good and reasonably priced.
- Rockmelons are in-between crops and unavailable this week. Watermelons and Honeydew melons are also scarce and expensive at the moment.
- Red Papaya is nice and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.