In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Snow Peas are unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Tomatoes are nice but expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are generally easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears have started and are very good. Nashi Pears are also in season.
- Australian Navels Oranges have started and are excellent.
- New season Ruby Grapefruit are now available and are very good.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Bananas are good but prices are up.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit are in season and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out-of-season and unavailable.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still nice.
- Pineapples are excellent and Papaya is still nice.
- All melons are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.