In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are in short supply and expensive.
- Australian Asparagus has started and is nice.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is very good however supply is light and prices are generally up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are still available and very good. Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears have finished for this season.
- Navel Oranges are very good but supply is light due to the inland flooding. Tangelos and Blood Oranges are still available but Mandarins have finished for this season. Lemons and Limes are good.
- Bananas are good and very cheap.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are very good.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice but prices are firm.
- USA Grapes have started and we will have some Red Seedless grapes which appear to be the best.
- We will have Mangoes starting this week. Supply is still light but the fruit is nice.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are all very good, although Rockmelons are larger than normal and more expensive.
- Passionfruit is unavailable at the moment.
- Free Range Eggs prices are up due to short supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.