In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Button Mushrooms are in short supply and expensive.
- New season Australian Shepard Avocadoes have started but supply is light. Hass Avocadoes have finished for now.
- Fennel has started and is nice.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Snow Peas
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Hydro and loose leaf lettuce varieties
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are picking now and are the best apples. Pink Lady Apples will start again soon. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Williams Pears are finishing and Packham Pears will start soon.
- We are using USA Navel Oranges as our No.1 oranges but have sourced some good Australian Valencia 2nds in 3kg bags as a cheaper alternative.
- Lemons and Limes are both readily available and reasonably priced.
- Bananas are good and cheaper this week.
- Plums are nice and quite cheap. Peaches and Nectarines have finished for this season.
- Italian Green Kiwi Fruit are finishing. Australian Kiwi Fruit will start soon.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are quite good.
- Persimmons are in season and nice. The fruit is a sweet, non-astringent variety that can be eaten firm or soft.
- Australian Green and Red Seedless Grapes are in season and very good.
- Pineapples, Rockmelons, Honey Dew Melons and Red Papaya are all good. Rockmelons and Red Papaya are the best value this week.
- Watermelon is also nice and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are good and relatively cheap at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.