In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Butternut Pumpkin and Mushrooms are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is generally good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Snow Peas
- Green & Red Capsicum
- Baby Bok Choy
- English Spinach
- Hydro & Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and at their best. Blood Oranges are also nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both a bit scarce. Lemons are the best value.
- Afourer Mandarins have started and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Tangelos are also very nice. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Bananas are good but more expensive this week.
- Mangoes are available but the early fruit is expensive.
- NZ green Kiwifruit are excellent. NZ Kiwi Gold are also available and good.
- Queensland Strawberries are excellent. Blueberries are also available and nice.
- Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes will start soon.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Rockmelon and Honeydew are good.
- Red Papaya is also good.
- Watermelon is in-between crops and more expensive this week.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.