In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are in short supply due to the unseasonal rain.
- Australian Asparagus has started and is nice.
- Brussels Sprouts have finished for this season.
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers are still scarce and expensive.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Chats (Small White) or Red (Ruby Lou) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious, Jazz and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Pears are also very good with Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears available.
- Navel Oranges are very good but supply is light due to the inland flooding. Tangelos and Blood Oranges are still very good. Imperial Mandarins have finished. Afourer Mandarins are still nice but will finish soon. Lemons and Limes are good.
- Bananas are very good and prices are easing again.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are at their peak and very good.
- Strawberries are at their best. Blueberries are also very good.
- USA Grapes have started and we will have some Red Seedless grapes which appear to be the best.
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are excellent.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew Melons are all very good.
- Passionfruit are nice but prices have tightened.
- Free Range Eggs prices are up due to short supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.