In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are in short supply and prices are up.
- Asparagus is now in season.
- Cos Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues. Baby Cos are good.
- Prices are generally up due to light supply.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut and Jap Pumpkin
- Red Potatoes
- Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. NZ Jazz are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are still very good. Nashi and Buerre Bosc Pears have finished.
- Navel Oranges are still nice. Blood Oranges and Ruby Grapefruit are also very good.
- Tangelos are still available but Afourer Mandarins have finished.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are the best value.
- Bananas are good and prices are steady.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit are still excellent. Gold Kiwi have finished for this season.
- Mangoes are in season and very good. We will have discounted trays of Mangoes available throughout the season.
- Peaches and Nectarines are gaining momentum and we will have some nice yellow fruit this week.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are excellent.
- USA Grapes are finishing and prices are up. Australian grapes are still a few weeks away.
- Pineapples and Papaya are very good.
- Rockmelons and Watermelons are nice.
- Passionfruit are unavailable at the moment.
- New season Dates are now available.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Yellow Box Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.