In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Asparagus is now imported and expensive.
- Chinese Cabbage and Bok Choy are unavailable due to supply and quality issues. Baby Bok Choy is still available.
- Cauliflower and Button Mushrooms are in short supply and expensive.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Snow Peas
- Regular Tomatoes
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mix
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples have started and are the best apples. Pink Lady and Sundowner Apples will be unavailable for now until the new season fruit is ready. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Williams Pears have started. Williams Pears turn a golden yellow as they ripen.
- Australian Valencia oranges are at the end of their season and the quality is poor. We have switched to some nice USA Navel Oranges instead.
- Lemons are a bit cheaper with good Australian Lemons available again. Limes are readily available and quite cheap.
- Bananas are in short supply and quite expensive. This should ease soon.
- Plums are very nice and quite cheap. Peaches are finished for this season and Nectarines will finish soon.
- Italian Green Kiwi Fruit are now available. The fruit is slightly tangy and firm.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are quite good.
- Australian Green and Red Seedless Grapes are in season and very good.
- Pineapples, Rockmelons, Honey Dew Melons and Red Papaya are all good and reasonably priced.
- Watermelon is also nice but are more expensive this week.
- Passionfruit are good at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.