In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Hass Avocadoes have started and are good value.
- Cauliflower, Lebanese Cucumbers and Button Mushrooms are in short supply and expensive.
- English Spinach is also very scarce. Baby Spinach and Silverbeet are better options.
- Choy Sum, White Turnips and Rocket Bunches are unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Hydro Lettuces are available again. The quality is good but they are still a bit small.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Loose leaf lettuce varieties
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Buerre Bosc Pears are in season and very good. Nashi Pears are also now available.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are nice.
- Lemons and Limes are both readily available.
- Imperial Mandarins are very good, abundant and cheap.
- Bananas are good but prices are firm.
- Australian Kiwifruit are in season and nice. We have also started NZ Kiwi Gold.
- We have stopped Strawberries and Blueberries due to quality and supply issues. Queensland Strawberries normally start in late June.
- Quinces are now available.
- Red Seedless Grapes are still available and very good. Australian Green seedless grapes have finished.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Rockmelon, Honeydew and Red Papaya are also good.
- Watermelon is still good and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.