In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Red Capsicum, Cucumbers and Celery are in short supply and more expensive at the moment.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower are more abundant and cheaper this week.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good. Prices are firm due to the widespread rain.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- QLD Blue Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) and Chats (Small White) Potatoes
- Sweet Potato
- Eggplant and Baby Eggplant
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Sugar Snaps and Snow Peas
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Tangelos are still very good. We will also have Blood Oranges available this week.
- Afourer Mandarins have started and are very nice. They are easy to peel, sweet, very juicy and have not many seeds. Imperial Mandarins have finished for this season.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemon prices have firmed up again.
- Bananas are very good and slightly cheaper this week.
- New season Mangoes have appeared in the Market but they are a bit rough at the moment. We will start them once the quality improves.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent. We will also have Kiwi Gold from this week.
- Queensland Strawberries are very good but nearing the end of their season. Blueberries are also quite good.
- We will have only Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. All Australian Seedless Grapes have finished for this season.
- Quinces have finished for this season.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Watermelon, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons and all good and prices are reasonable.
- Passionfruit are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.