In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potato prices are up with the warmer weather affecting crops.
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers are more abundant and back to a normal price.
- Cauliflower, Sugar Snaps & Snow Peas are scarce and more expensive at the moment.
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice.
- The quality of most other vegetable and salad lines is good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet & English Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Pink Lady, Gala, Sundowner, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears are also still available and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges are very good. Blood Oranges are also nice.
- Limes and Lemons are scarce and prices have firmed up again.
- Bananas are good but in short supply.
- Mangoes are more abundant and cheaper this week. The fruit is typically tangy at the start of the Mango season.
- We will have some nice Peaches & Nectarines starting this week.
- New Zealand Green Kiwi Fruit are in season and are excellent.
- Strawberries are nice with the Victorian crop starting. Blueberries are also nice and a bit cheaper at the moment.
- We will have Red Seedless Grapes from USA available this week. Australian Seedless Grapes will start again in the summer.
- Topless Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew Melons are all good. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Watermelon is nice and cheaper this week.
- Passionfruit are available but expensive.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.