In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- New season Hass Avocadoes have started.
- Some of the vegetable lines are expensive due to light supply as the summer season winds up. Prices generally ease again as Queensland crops come in over the winter.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces and Salad Mixes
- Australian Navel Oranges have started and are nice. Valencia’s are also still available so we will run both lines of oranges for now.
- Lemons and Limes are good and a similar price.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and are very nice.
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all now available. Pink Lady’s are more expensive but are the most popular apple. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and quite cheap.
- Packham & Beurre Bosc Pears have started and are very good. Corella and Nashi Pears are also available.
- Persimmons and Quinces are in season.
- The Australian Kiwifruit season has also started.
- Blueberries are out of season and an extortionate price so we have stopped them for now. Strawberries have improved but expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Grapes are still available and nice.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons, Honeydew Melons, Pineapple and Red Papaya are all nice. Pineapples are the best value large fruit this week. Rockmelons are expensive due to light supply.
- Passionfruit are available at a mid-range price.
- Try our Free Range Eggs, Dates and Honey.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.